Academic CV - Free Download
4.7, 3588 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Home: 74 Langdale Way University: School of Environment
Heaton Green The University of Carmarthen
Carmarthen Oxford Road
CA5 2WE Carmarthen, CA4 3DE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01431 275 0113
My principal research interests lie in the field of conservation and impacts upon the South Wales economy. I am
currently investigating the impact of tourism, government policy and demography on conservation for my PhD.
Using the latest econometric modelling and e-factor analysis techniques.
My future research plans are to build on the foundations of my PhD to further develop models and tools in
conjunction with government bodies, environmental agencies and city financial modellers. I have a particular
expertise and interest in the regulation of urban utilities from a conservation and sustainability perspective. I am
able to read and speak French.
2008 – 2011 PhD ‘The impact of the South Wales economy on conservation – towards conservation
University of Carmarthen, Centre for Environment & Development
Supervisor: Professor F Smith – leading researcher in conservation. Partial funding
awarded by the Wales Development Agency.
• In close collaboration with the Centre for Finance, The Wales Development Agency and
Groundwork Wales, my thesis investigates novel modelling tools and analytical models.
• Econometric modelling, e-factor analysis, the Harvard model are used to track correlations
and produce test models.
• Extensive use of databases to manage and analyse statistics.
(A synopsis of work undertaken is attached)
2005 – 2008 BA (Hons) Economics & Geography (First Class) University of Carmarthen
Modules included: Social & Human Geography, People & Environment, Planning,
Economics & Econometrics, Quantitative Research Methods. Awarded - Initiative in
Development Award for dissertation project.
2003 – 2005 A Levels: Geography (A), Maths (B), Business Studies (C)
• ‘Towards a model of conservation’ The Economist, 1st December, 2008.
• ‘Conservation and the South Wales economy’ Conservation Times, July 2008.
• ‘E-factor analysis for the environment’ The Economist, 4th January, 2007.
2010 - Tutorial Assistant - University of Carmarthen
• Supervision support for two undergraduate projects in econometric models for
usually include a
Relate your interests and skills to the vacancy early in your CV.
Attach other documents
including longer lists of
fully – usually
Updated_applications.qxd 16/3/10 11:11 am Page 10