Achievement Awards For College Scientists - Free Download
4.4, 3236 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES AND SCIENCES WEBSITE: HTTP://STUDENTS-HUMSCI.STANFORD.EDU
OFFICE OF GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES EMAIL: GUS-HELPME@STANFORD.EDU
HONE: (650) 736-9805
August 31, 2015
ARCS (Achievement Awards for College Scientists)
Application Guidelines - 2016-17
School of Humanities & Sciences
The ARCS (Achievement Rewards for College Students) Scholar Award is intended to recognize, honor,
and encourage outstanding students who have a record of past achievement, who show exceptional
promise of making a significant contribution to the scientific and technological strength of the nation,
and have a proven need for financial assistance to complete the educational program in progress.
• Must be a registered student for the entire school year (Fall, Winter, Spring).
• Be a citizen of the United States.
• Be enrolled full-time in Applied Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics (Statistics is
• Have a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
• Have a proven need for financial assistance to complete the educational program in progress.
Questions about eligibility should be directed to Ayodele Thomas (email@example.com; 650-724-3712).
COMPLETED ARCS applications must be submitted online by the deadline listed below. Incomplete applications
WILL NOT be considered and applicants are urged to arrange for support letters early in the application process.
The H&S Dean’s Office will screen, through its own review procedures, the applicants forwarding to the VPGE,
three highly qualified nominations. Final selections should be made by mid-April and confirmed by the ARCS
organization by May.
The online application can be found at the following link:
A complete online application will include the following:
1. Online Application Form (completed online)
2. ESSAY UPLOAD: Brief outline of the dissertation research project of no more than 1000 words (upload
as PDF, DOC/X)
3. CV UPLOAD: Curriculum vitae (upload as PDF, DOC or DOCX)
4. TRANSCRIPT UPLOAD: Current unofficial Stanford transcript saved directly from Axess (upload as DOC,
JPG, or PDF). Please do not submit an official Stanford transcript (including electronic transcripts).
Official transcripts do not include key milestone information necessary for application evaluation.
5. Two letters from faculty (one of which should be from your academic advisor). (You will enter
recommender information once you initiate your online application).
Deadline for Application:
February 23, 2016 (11:59pm)