Apa Title Page Cover Template - Free Download | Page 3
4.6, 2517 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
Last Update: 3/29/16 3
Body of Paper
The main body of the APA research paper should begin on a new page following the abstract.
The words “Running head” no longer appear on each page, but the page number remains in the
upper right corner of the paper. Center the title of your paper on the first line of this page.
• When referring to the title of a work within your paper, capitalize the first word and all
words four letters or more long. (These rules differ on the Reference page.)
• Capitalize words under four letters if they are nouns, verbs, pronouns, adjectives, and
• Capitalize both words if separated by a hyphen.
• Do Not Capitalize:
• articles (e.g. a, an, the)
• prepositions (e.g. against, between, in, of, to)
• coordinating conjunctions (e.g. and, but, for, nor, so, yet)
• the to infinitive (i.e. How to Write a Paper)
Italicize titles of books, edited collections, movies, television series, albums, etc.
Ex: The Sound of Music.
In-Text Citation Basics
• In-text citations consist of author’s last name and year of
publication. Include the appropriate page number(s) when
• In-text citations are used throughout your paper when you
are directly quoting, paraphrasing, or summarizing an
• If there is no author, use the first few words of the title in
quotation marks in the in-text citation.
(Johnson, 2009, p. 17).
(Twedel & McDonough, 2009, p. 17).
(Yudkin, Brown, & Smith, 2009, p. 17).
All other citations:
(Yudkin et al., 2009, p. 17).
Six or More Authors
(Calhoun et al., 2009, p. 17).
(“Quitting Smoking,” 2011, p. 5).