Apa Title Page Cover Template - Free Download | Page 6
4.6, 2517 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute
Last Update: 3/29/16 6
APA Reference Format Basics
• The Reference page belongs in the same document with the rest of the paper. The page
header should be at the top of the page. Center the word References at the top of the page.
• Alphabetize entries by the first item, such as the author’s last name. If there is no author,
the title will appear first.
• The first line of each entry should not be indented; the second, third, fourth, etc. line(s)
should be indented five spaces (or ½ inch). This is called a hanging indentation. See the
examples on the pages which follow.
• Only the first word of the title and subtitle, if applicable, is capitalized. This applies to
book and article titles.
Example 1 (book title): How to write a paper
Example 2 (article title): Health education-The case for rehabilitation
• The Writing Center has a copy of the 6
edition APA manual for student use. If you have
a source that isn’t listed on this guide or have any questions about APA format, please
come by and ask a writing consultant.