Apartment Lease Template Word - Free Download | Page 5
4.1, 3412 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Page 5 of 8
3. No hooks in ceiling
4. Bathroom fixtures are to be cleaned (tub, toilet, etc.)
5. Carpets on premises to be vacuumed
6. All countertops and sinks to be cleaned
7. All light bulbs and heat lamps are in working order
8. Premises to be inspected by LESSOR or Agent prior to vacating
LESSEE agrees that upon LESSEE’s failure to comply with this policy, reasonable charges will be made
by LESSOR and deducted from the LESSEE’s security and clean-up fund.
14. RENT PAYMENT - RESERVATION OF RIGHTS
No payment by resident/LESSEE or receipt by LESSOR of a less amount than the monthly rent herein
stipulated shall be deemed to be other than on account of the earliest stipulated rent, nor shall any endorsement
or statement on any check nor any letter accompany any check or payment as rent be deemed an accord and
satisfaction of account and LESSOR’s acceptance of such check shall be under protest and with an explicit
reservation of rights pursuant to Chapter 400 R.S.
15. DRUG-FREE HOUSING
In consideration of the execution or renewal of a lease of the dwelling unit identified in the lease,
LESSOR and LESSEE agree as follows:
1. LESSEE, any member of the LESSEE’s household, or a guest or other person under the
LESSEE’s control shall not engage in criminal activity, including drug-related criminal activity,
on or near property premises. “Drug-related criminal activity” means the illegal manufacture,
sale, distribution, use, or possession with intent to manufacture, sell, distribute, or use of a
controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substance Act (21 U.S.C. 802).
2. LESSEE, any member of the LESSEE’s household, or a guest or other person under the
LESSEE’s control shall not engage in any act intended to facilitate criminal activity, including
drug-related criminal activity, on or near property premises.
3. LESSEE or members of the household will not permit the dwelling unit to be used for, or to
facilitate, criminal activity, including drug-related criminal activity; regardless of whether the
individual is engaging in such activity is a member of the household or a guest.
4. LESSEE or member of the household will not engage in the manufacture, sale or distribution of
illegal drugs at any location, whether on or near property premises or otherwise.
5. LESSEE, any member of the LESSEE’s household, or a guest or other person under the
resident’s control shall not engage in acts of violence or threats of violence, including, but not
limited to, the unlawful discharge of firearms, on or near property premises.
6. VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE PROVISIONS SHALL BE A MATERIAL VIOLATION
OF THE LEASE AND GOOD CAUSE FOR TERMINATION OF TENANCY. A single
violation of any of these provisions shall be deemed a serious violation and a material
noncompliance with the Lease. It is understood and agreed that a single violation shall be good
cause for termination of the Lease. Unless otherwise provided by law, proof of violation shall not
require criminal conviction, but shall be by a preponderance of the evidence.
16. NOTICES - PUBLIC NUISANCE
The City of St. Louis has passed a public nuisance ordinance which exists as an effort to aid in
stabilizing communities within the City of St. Louis, by establishing a procedure for the abatement of public
nuisances on occupied residential and commercial properties. By definition, a nuisance is defined by this