Automotive Design FMEA Example - Free Download
4.8, 3648 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Page 1 of 9
Non-proprietary and non-confidential information.
Document Created 3/26/2003
ReliaSoft’s Xfmea Software http://www.ReliaSoft.com
In addition to this summary, this report includes the following forms:
1 RATING CRITERIA AND CLASSIFICATIONS
2 PROJECT PROPERTIES AND ANALYSIS PROPERTIES SUMMARY
3 FMEA SPREADSHEET REPORT
4 RECOMMENDED ACTIONS (Summary Report)
5 CURRENT CONTROLS
Xfmea Report Sample – Design FMEA
This report was generated with ReliaSoft’s Xfmea software in Microsoft Word. Similar reports can also be
generated in Microsoft Excel. You can easily replace the Xfmea logo graphic with your own company logo.
Within Word and Excel, reports can be edited/annotated, if necessary, and generated in PDF and/or HTML
format for easy distribution.
This report includes:
• A summary of the rating criteria (Severity Scale, Occurrence Scale, Detection Scale) and classifications that
were used in the analysis.
• A summary of the project and analysis properties that were defined for the analysis.
• The Design FMEA (DFMEA) spreadsheet report in the SAE J1739 reporting format.
• A summary list of the recommended actions identified during the analysis.
• A summary list of the current controls identified during the analysis.
• Some graphical charts that were generated in Xfmea’s Plot Viewer and copy/pasted into the report
document, along with chart legend information. These include:
o Pareto (bar) chart of the cause RPNs, ranked by initial RPN.
o Pie chart demonstrating the number of causes assigned to each available Occurrence rating.
o Pie chart demonstrating the number of causes assigned to each available Detection rating.
The report is based on the sample analysis provided in the SAE J1739 guidelines, on page 37.