Blank Residential Rental Lease Agreement - Free Download | Page 3
4.9, 3596 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
17. TERMINATION: After expiration of the leasing period, this agreement is automatically renewed from month to
month, but may be terminated by either party giving to the other a 30-day written notice of intention to terminate.
Where laws require "just cause", such just cause shall be so stated on said notice. The premises shall be considered
vacated only after all areas including storage areas are clear of all RESIDENT'S belongings, and keys and other
property furnished for RESIDENT'S use are returned to OWNER. Should the RESIDENT hold over beyond the
termination date or fail to vacate all possessions on or before the termination date, RESIDENT shall be liable for
additional rent and damages which may include damages due to OWNER'S loss of prospective new renters.
18. POSSESSION: If OWNER is unable to deliver possession of the residence to RESIDENTS on the agreed date,
because of the loss or destruction of the residence or because of the failure of the prior residents to vacate or for any
other reason, the RESIDENT and/or OWNER may immediately cancel and terminate this agreement upon written
notice to the other party at their last known address, whereupon neither party shall have liability to the other, and any
sums paid under this Agreement shall be refunded in full. If neither party cancels, this Agreement shall be prorated
and begin on the date of actual possession.
19. INSURANCE: RESIDENT acknowledges that OWNERS insurance does not cover personal property damage
caused by fire, theft, rain, war, acts of God, acts of others, and/or any other causes, nor shall OWNER be held liable
for such losses. RESIDENT is hereby advised to obtain his own insurance policy to cover any personal losses.
20. RIGHT OF ENTRY AND INSPECTION: OWNER may enter, inspect, and/or repair the premises at any time
in case of emergency or suspected abandonment. OWNER shall give 24 hours advance notice and may enter for the
purpose of showing the premises during normal business hours to prospective renters, buyers, lenders, for smoke
alarm inspections, and/or for normal inspections and repairs. OWNER is permitted to make all alterations, repairs and
maintenance that in OWNER'S judgment is necessary to perform.
21. ASSIGNMENT: RESIDENT agrees not to transfer, assign or sublet the premises or any part thereof.
22. PARTIAL INVALIDITY: Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as waiving any of the
OWNER'S or RESIDENT'S rights under the law. If any part of this Agreement shall be in conflict with the law, that
part shall be void to the extent that it is in conflict, but shall not invalidate this Agreement nor shall it affect the
validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement.
22. NO WAIVER: OWNER'S acceptance of rent with knowledge of any default by RESIDENT or waiver by
OWNER of any breach of any term of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of subsequent breaches. Failure to
require compliance or to exercise any right shall not be constituted as a waiver by OWNER of said term, condition,
and/or right, and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any provision of this Agreement.
23. ATTORNEY FEES: If any legal action or proceedings be brought by either party of this Agreement, the
prevailing party shall be reimbursed for all reasonable attorney's fees and costs in addition to other damages awarded.
24. JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY: The undersigned RESIDENTS are jointly and severally responsible and liable
for all obligations under this agreement.
25. REPORT TO CREDIT/TENANT AGENCIES: You are hereby notified that a nonpayment, late payment or
breach of any of the terms of this rental agreement may be submitted/reported to a credit and/or tenant reporting
agency, and may create a negative credit record on your credit report.
26. LEAD NOTIFICATION REQUIREMENT: For rental dwellings built before 1978, RESIDENT acknowledges
receipt of the following: (Please check)
___ Lead Based Paint Disclosure Form
___ EPA Pamphlet