California Residential Lease Agreement 2 - Free Download
4.9, 3814 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
AOA Form No. 101 (Rev. 02/07) - Copyright 2007 - Apartment Owners Association of California - ww w .aoausa.c o m
▪ San Fernando Valley (818) 988-9200 ▪ Los Angeles (323) 937-8811 ▪ Long Beach (562) 597-2422 ▪ Garden Grove (714) 539-6000 ▪ San Diego (619) 280-7007 ▪ Northern California (510) 769-
RENTAL AGREEMENT AND/OR LEASE
This Rental Agreement and/or Lease shall evidence the complete terms and conditions
under which the parties whose signatures appear below have agreed.
Landlord/Lessor/Agent (to the left) shall be referred to as “OWNER” and
Tenant(s)/Lessee(s) (to the left) shall be referred to as “RESIDENT.” As consideration
for this agreement, OWNER agrees to rent/lease to RESIDENT and RESIDENT agrees
to rent/lease from OWNER for use SOLELY AS A PRIVATE RESIDENCE, the premises
listed to the left.
1. TERMS: RESIDENT agrees to pay in advance $ per month on the day of each month.
This agreement shall commence on , 20 and continue: (check one)
A. Until , 20 as a leasehold. Thereafter it shall become a month-to-month tenancy. If RESIDENT should move from the
premises prior to the expiration of this time period, he shall be liable for all rent due until such time that the apartment is occupied by an OWNER approved paying
RESIDENT and/or expiration of said time period, whichever period is shorter.
B. A month-to-month tenancy, that may be terminated by either party. The OWNER giving 60-day written notice to move (for more than 1 year tenancy), or a 30-day
written notice to move (for less than 1 year tenancy) and the RESIDENT giving 30-day written notice of intent to terminate tenancy.
2. PAYMENTS: Rent and/or other charges are to be paid at the office or apartment of the manager of the building or at such other place designated in writing by OWNER.
For the safety of the manager, all payments are to be made by check or money order and no cash shall be acceptable. OWNER acknowledges receipt of the First month’s
rent of: $
, and a Security Deposit of $
, for a total payment of $ . All payments are to be made payable to:
and delivered to California,
Telephone Number who is usually available on the following days: during the following hours:
3. LATE CHARGE: A late fee of $ , said amount not to exceed 6% of the monthly rent, shall be added to any payment of rent not made before day(s) after
the due date or for which a deficient (bounced) check shall have been given.
4. SECURITY DEPOSITS: The Security Deposit shall not exceed two times the monthly rent for unfurnished apartments or three times the monthly rent for furnished apartments. The
total of the above deposits shall secure compliance with the terms and conditions of this agreement and shall be refunded to RESIDENT within 21 days after the premises have been
completely vacated less any amount necessary to pay OWNER: a) any unpaid rent, b) cleaning costs, c) key replacement costs, d) costs for repair of damages to apartment and/or
common areas above ordinary wear and tear, and e) any other amount legally allowable under the terms of this agreement. A written accounting of said charges shall be presented to
RESIDENT within 21 days of move-out. If deposits do not cover such costs and damages, the RESIDENT shall immediately pay said additional costs for damages to OWNER. During
the term of tenancy, RESIDENT agrees to increase the deposit upon 30 days written notice by an amount equal to any future increases in rent and/or an amount necessary to cover the
cost of rectifying any damage or expense for which RESIDENT is responsible. Security deposit is not to be used as last month’s rent.
5. UTILITIES: RESIDENT agrees to pay for all utilities and/or services based upon occupancy of the premises except
6. OCCUPANTS: Guest(s) staying over 14 days cumulative or longer during any 12-month period, without the OWNER’S written consent, shall be considered a breach of this
agreement. ONLY the following listed individuals and/or animals, AND NO OTHERS shall occupy the subject apartment for more than 14 days unless the expressed written consent of
OWNER is obtained in advance:
RESIDENT shall pay additional rent at the rate of $100.00 per month or 25% (or the amount allowed under rent control) of the current monthly rent; whichever amount is greater, for
the period of time that each additional guest in excess of the above named shall occupy the premises. RESIDENT shall pay the same additional monthly rent for each additional animal
in excess of the above named animal(s), which shall occupy the premises. Acceptance of additional rent or approval of a guest shall not waive any requirement of this agreement or
convert the status of any “guest” into a RESIDENT.
7. PETS AND FURNISHINGS: Furnishings - No liquid-filled furniture of any kind may be kept on the premises. If the structure was built in 1973 or later RESIDENT may posses a
waterbed if he maintains waterbed insurance valued at $100,000.00 or more. RESIDENT must furnish OWNER with proof of said insurance. RESIDENT must also comply with Civil
Code Section 1940.5. Resident shall not keep on premises a receptacle containing more than ten gallons of liquid, highly combustible materials or other items which may cause a
hazard or affect insurance rates such as, musical instrument, item(s) of unusual weight or dimension, RESIDENT also agrees to carry insurance deemed appropriate by OWNER to
cover possible losses caused by using said items. Pets – No animal, fowl, fish, reptile, and/or pet of any kind shall be kept on or about the premises, for any amount of time, without
obtaining the prior written consent and meeting the requirements of the OWNER. Said consent, if granted, shall be revocable at OWNER’S option upon giving a 30-day written notice.
In the event laws are passed or permission is granted to have any item prohibited by this agreement or if for any reason such item exists on the premises, there shall be minimum
additional rent of $25.00 a month for each such item if another amount is not stated in this agreement. In the event laws are passed or permission is granted to have a pet and/or
animal of any kind, an additional deposit in the amount of $ shall be required along with the signing of OWNER’S “PET AGREEMENT.”
8. PARKING/STORAGE: When and if RESIDENT is assigned a parking space on OWNER’S property, the parking space shall be used exclusively for parking of passenger
automobiles and/or those approved vehicles listed on RESIDENT’S “Application to Rent/Lease” or attached hereto. RESIDENT is hereby assigned parking space # .
RESIDENT may not wash, repair, or paint in this parking space or at any other common areas on the premises. (RESIDENT may not assign, sublet, or allow RESIDENT’S guest(s) to
use this or any other parking space.) RESIDENT is responsible for oil leaks and other vehicle discharges for which RESIDENT shall be charged for cleaning if deemed necessary by
OWNER. Only vehicles that are operational may park in their assigned space. Resident is assigned storage space # located _.
9. NOISE: RESIDENT agrees not to cause or allow any noise or activity on the premises that might disturb the peace and quiet of another RESIDENT. Said noise and/or activity shall
be a breach of this Agreement.
10. LOITERING AND PLAY: Lounging, playing, or unnecessary loitering in the halls, on the front steps, or in the common areas in such a way as to interfere with the free use and
enjoyment, passage or convenience of another RESIDENT is prohibited.
11. DESTRUCTION OF PREMISES: If the premises become totally or partially destroyed during the term of this Agreement so that RESIDENT’S use is seriously impaired, RESIDENT
or OWNER may terminate this Agreement immediately upon three-day written notice to the other.
12. CONDITION OF PREMISES: RESIDENT acknowledges that he has examined the premises and that said premises, all furnishings, fixtures, furniture, plumbing, heating, electrical
facilities, all items listed on the attached inventory sheet, if any, and/or all other items provided by OWNER are all clean, and in good satisfactory condition except as may be indicated
elsewhere in this Agreement. RESIDENT agrees to keep the premises and all items in good order and condition and to immediately pay for costs to repair and/or replace any portion of
the above damaged by RESIDENT, his guests and/or invitees, except as provided by law. At the termination of this Agreement, all of the above-enumerated items in this provision shall
be returned to OWNER in clean and good condition except for reasonable wear and tear; the premises shall be free of all personal property; trash not belonging to OWNER. It is agreed
that all dirt, holes, tears, burns, or stains of any size or amount in the carpets, drapes, walls, fixtures, and/or any other part of the premises, do not constitute reasonable wear and tear.