Embedded Software Engineer Resume - Free Download
4.7, 4496 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Rashmi Raj Page 1 of 2
7360 Gallagher Drive, Apt# A113
Phone: (952) 200-4346
Edina, MN 55435
A full-time position in managing and designing business solutions to complex problems that requires entrepreneurial skills
coupled with solid technical knowledge and program management experience.
2005-Present Stanford University, Computer Science Department, Stanford, CA
Master of Science, Expected graduation March 2007
1997–2001 Birla Institute of Technology, Computer Science Department, Ranchi, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Awarded Gold medal as the top ranked candidate in the graduating class of 350
01/2006–Present Research Assistant, Stanford Medical Informatics (SMI), Stanford University, Stanford, CA
• Conducting research on a large database of HIV patients for finding temporal patterns among gene
mutations, drugs and clinical outcomes.
• Developing and implementing multi-relational data mining algorithm for pattern discovery. This
will also support temporal querying, improved statistical aggregation and data visualization.
06/2006-09/2006 Program Manager Intern, Microsoft, Redmond, Washington
• Took ownership of providing business solution to information card provisioning starting from
incubation to implementation, integration and verification for the next release of Active Directory
Federation Services (ADFS).
• Led several inter-team and cross-team brainstorming sessions and evaluated various approaches to
managed card provisioning.
• Created requirement and specification document, design, architecture and dependency model for
provisioning managed card and led the team for the implementation and verification.
05/2003-12/2003 Team Leader, Motorola Inc., Phoenix, Arizona
• Designed and developed software for the new air interface standard (EvDO) in the Super Cell
Network. Demonstrated a 20 % increase in data throughput without impacting data integrity.
• Supported field integration of hardware and software for a new Mobility Manager unit. Recognized
by customers including Verizon (USA), Alcatel (USA) and KDDI (Japan) and internal System
Integration Lab members for providing quick solutions to reported issues.
08/2001-05/2003 Software Engineer, Motorola India Electronics Limited, Bangalore, India
• Designed and implemented an object-oriented framework for resource management for a vast
distributed real-time network with fault-tolerance with minimal redundancy in resources. This
significantly improved performance and security for data transmission and call setup.
• Implemented embedded software in C++ for operation and management of new hardware
components including Selection and Distribution Unit (SDU) and Multiple Channel CDMA card.
This provided a higher data rate and increased channel element availability for call setup.
• Designed and implemented new classes for soft hand-off during call setup. Tested this feature for
Verizon (USA) and Alcatel (USA) and demonstrated significantly reduced call failure.
06/1998-08/1998 Summer Intern, Usha Telecom India Limited, Calcutta, India
• Developed a relational database, using Oracle, and implemented billing computation using SQL for
a subscriber network of over 100,000 customers. This database implementation is employed to date
as it allows for faster data access, better fault tolerance and improved data management.