Employment Separation Certificate - Free Download | Page 2
4.5, 3067 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Employment Separation Certificate Page 2
Employment Separation Certificate
(for Certificate, see page 1)
If you do not have another job to go to and you want to claim an income support payment you will need to:
go to
www.humanservices.gov.au or
call our Employment Services Line on 132 850 or
visit one of our service centres.
The date of the first contact with us regarding your new claim is very important as it may be your first date of entitlement to a payment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Did you receive a payment for a redundancy, annual leave, long service leave, sick leave or maternity leave
If you did, there may be a waiting period before you can receive an income support payment. To avoid a situation where you have no
access to funds and no access to an income support payment, you should contact the Department of Human Services to find out how
long your waiting period will be before you spend your termination payment.
You may also have a waiting period depending on the amount of liquid assets (e.g. money, shares) you have available.
Remember: You should contact us as soon as possible once you
cease employment.
To speak to us in languages other than English, call 131 202.
Note: Call charges apply – calls from mobile phones may be charged at a
higher rate.
What are Employment Separation Certificates
Employment Separation Certificates are needed by the Australian Government Department of Human Services to enable a person to claim income
support payments. You should provide a certificate to an employee if requested. The information contained in the Employment Separation Certificate
is used to ensure that correct payments are made to customers.
This notice is given under either section 196 (if received from the Department of Human Services) or 199 (if received from a former employee)
of the
Social Security (Administration) Act 1999
and allows a former employee or the Department of Human Services to obtain this information.
Thank you for taking the time to fill in this form. We appreciate your co-operation in answering these questions and returning the form to the
employee for return to us within 14 days of being given this form.
However, your answers may be supplied to any person(s), (including those named in either the report or its attachments). If you do not want your
answers released please attach a statement explaining your reasons. If the department is considering release of the information you supplied, your
statement will be taken into account. The department may contact you further to discuss your concerns.
What exactly are Employment Separation Certificates used for
They are used to ensure that only eligible people get paid an income support payment and that they are paid the right amount from the correct
date. This means we have to know all of the information on the other side of this form, such as when the person ceased employment.
How can I get more Employment Separation Certificates
If you need more you can:
photocopy the Employment Separation Certificate on the other side and ensure that you place your stamp on the photocopy
provide all the required information in a letter on your company letterhead
call 1300 367 676 or 131 158, to obtain further copies of this form
print the copy of this form from our website
How can I make enquiries about Employment Separation Certificates
The Department of Human Services provides a direct service to employers through its National Business Gateway. Our staff will answer any further
questions you may have about the Employment Separation Certificate.
The National Business Gateway is also your first point of contact for any other information you may require about us in the future.
The direct phone number to the National Business Gateway is 131 158 or fax 132 115.
Long Service Leave
If the person was paid long service leave and worked full-time, please make sure you have ticked the appropriate box against a 5 or 7 day week
in question 5.
Superannuation Guarantee
Employers have obligations to pay superannuation for eligible employees and some contractors. For further information visit
www.ato.gov.au or call
the Australian Taxation Office on 131 020.
Average gross weekly wage: This is usually contained in the industrial instrument that applies to that workplace (i.e. the appropriate award,
workplace agreement or common law contract). Some workplaces include regular overtime and allowance as part of their average weekly wage.
ETP – Employment Termination Payments: Only certain payments paid to an employee on termination of employment are ETPs. These payments
are taxed differently from other kinds of payments made on termination of employment.
2 of 2
Employment Separation Certificate
Information for Employers
Information for Former Employees
Employment Separation Certificate Previous Page
source: humanservices.gov.au
Employment Separation Certificate