Example of the Science Resume - Free Download
4.1, 2628 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Located on Library Walk, near the Price Center ~ 858.534.3750 ~ career.ucsd.edu
Science Ph.D. Resume
13082 A St., San Diego, CA, 92100 ~ (858) 555-1234 ~ email@example.com
Team-oriented, creative, and technically-experienced marine biology Ph.D.
seeking research and development position in the biotech industry.
Ph.D., Marine Biology
University of California, San Diego (UCSD) – Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 20xx
B. S., Biology with Honors
Pepperdine University – Malibu, California, 19xx
Graduate Research Assistant – UCSD. Molecular Fertilization, 19xx – Present
• Mastered various molecular biology and biochemistry techniques by studying fertilization.
Research Assistant – Abilene Christian University. Molecular Systematics, 19xx
• Organized academic start up molecular lab and created database for chemicals and collections.
Lab Coordinator – Pepperdine University. Natural Science Division, 19xx
• Maintained laboratory supplies for all courses and research laboratories.
Laboratory Technician – Pepperdine University. Molecular Biology, 19xx
• Conducted molecular research on California tree frog photolyase activity.
Field Technician – Smithsonian Institution. Biodiversity of the Guyanas Project, 19xx
• Processed mammalian specimens for expansion of South American mammalian collections.
SELECTED SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
Molecular Biology Techniques:
• RNA and DNA isolation • cDNA library construction and screenin
• DNA sequencing
RNA selection • 5’ and 3’ RACE • Northerns
• cDNA synthesis • PCR, primer construction and cloning • Southerns
Protein Biochemistry Techniques:
• protein isolation
• protein gel
• protein expression
• peptide antigen conjugation to KLH
• IgG and IgY purification
• western and dot blotting
• GenBank searching: BLAST, PSI-
BLAST, and PHI-BLAST
• multiple sequence alignments
• tree building using dnamL and PHYLIP
• genome trace archive usage
• protein sequence analysis tools: wide use of
ExPASy web site
Computer Skills: Word processing, spreadsheets, databases, design, web publishing and HTML.
Leadership: Exceptional communication, organizational, public speaking and mentoring skills.
Language: Bilingual English/Spanish and conversational in Italian.