General Engineering Resume - Free Download
4.5, 2788 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
1234 High Street ! Solana Beach, CA 92075 ! email@example.com ! (818) 489-1234
Product Development Engineer position with Apple
California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
Bachelor of Science in General Engineering, June 2012
• Emphasis: Product Development
• Coursework focused on Industrial Engineering supplemented with Mechanical Engineering and Business
E&J Gallo Winery – Modesto, CA
Production Engineering Co-op (6 Months) June – December 2011
• Solely handled all Production Engineering responsibilities, for 5 months, on three high-speed bottling lines.
• Created systems to track and reduce variability in equipment center setups, resulting in improvements to
first-pass quality and decreased ramp up time.
• Improved operator-machine interfaces, resulting in decreased changeover time and steeper learning curve.
• Led initiatives to reduce variability in equipment centers through physical modifications, resulting in
decreased downtime and improved insight into machine vs. materials issues.
• Solved problems using root cause analysis and A3 statistical methodology.
• Supported continuous improvement efforts including new feature implementation.
• Wrote quantitative performance-testing procedures for acceptance-testing of new equipment centers.
• Gained the support and buy-in of 35+ long-time operators through continuous teaching and demonstration
of project success.
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
Global Thinker Statistical Test Design Statistical Analysis
Excel, PowerPoint & Word Minitab Software Variance Control
Technical Writing Gauge R&R Human Centered Design
Ideation & Prototyping Root Cause Analysis Excellent Group Skills
• Test Design and Analysis: Design and implementation of a two-factor factorial study. Identification and
isolation of variables to improve test accuracy and remove testing bias. Two-way ANOVA to determine
interactions or main effects.
• Product Development Team Project: Niche product development of a trash weight notification system
for an elderly target market. Project covered planning methods, market research, development of
constraints, multiple ideation methods, weighted decision matrices, design and prototyping of functional
model, and retail cost analysis.
• Brake-Lever Human Factors: Collection of human grip anthropometrics. Comparison to current levered
hand brake designs. Prototyping of improved design using statistical results of study.
• Economic Analysis: Economic analysis of hypothetical cruise line from California to Hawaii. Cash flow
analysis used to determine sensitive cost parameters and break-even points to create the most profitable
INVOLEMENT AND INTERESTS
• University Jazz Band – Cal Poly Fall 2008 – Present
• Cal Poly Wheelmen
• Interests: Surfing, skiing, rock climbing