Hr Annual Report Template - Free Download | Page 2
4.5, 3182 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
The human resource indicators in this report provide broad workforce data and analysis,
including key workforce information at the corporate level.
This report will assist managers in the comparison of local information with corporate and
benchmarking data to:
• achieve a greater understanding of the University of South Australia’s (UniSA’s) workforce,
• identify trends and gaps in the workforce, and
• provide a measure of human resource strategy success.
HUMAN RESOURCE INDICATORS
The workforce planning framework includes the identification of suitable human resource
indicators to provide a corporate overview of the workforce and the continuous monitoring of
corporate strategies. The indicators are only intended to provide a snapshot of workforce issues
and are to be considered along with other relevant data.
The human resource indicators provide a measure of the human resource capacity of the
organisation and the effectiveness of workforce planning initiatives.
This report includes the following human resource indicators:
• Workforce size
• Employment type – non casual
• Temporary staff
• Staff turnover
• Length of service
• Diversity profiling - Indigenous, youth, women in the UniSA workforce, country of birth, first
language and disability
• Academic and general staff qualifications
• Career development – academic promotion, reclassification of general staff, higher duties
opportunities, professional development program and staff study support
• Leave, including family friendly leave initiatives
• Occupational Health Safety and Welfare
• Age Profile
Where possible, benchmarking information for most indicators has been included and
information has been obtained from the following sources:
• Department of Education, Science & Training (DEST) data 2005
• Australian Bureau of Statistics (AusStats 2001 & 2006)
• Australian Bureau of Statistics, Year Book Australia 2005.
• Australian Universities HR Benchmarking Program 2006 – HR Performance Indicators for the
period 2003 – 2005 (Queensland University of Technology [QUT])
• Government of South Australia, Office of Public Employment Workforce Analysis 2005
• University of South Australia Annual Workforce Report 2003-2004 & 2004-2005
• Mercer HR Consulting, Human Resource Effectiveness Monitor 2005
• Advancing the AVCC Action Plan for Women, Cross Institution comparisons based on 2005
data, prepared by QUT for the Australian Technology Network (ATN)