Indiana Small Estate Affidavit Form - Free Download
4.1, 3359 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
SMALL ESTATE AFFIDAVIT
Collection of Personal Property
Indiana Code Section 29-1-8
State of Indiana
County of ______________
upon duly sworn, state on my oath that:
1. My post office address is: ___________________________________________________
2. My residence address is: ___________________________________________________
3. I am a successor to the decedent or a claimant entitled to the payment or property of the
named decedent. All successors, including myself, of the decedent are listed as follows:
Name/Relationship Address Share
4. The decedent's name is ___________________________________________________.
5. The date of the decedent's death was ____________________________________, more
than forty-five days have elapsed since the death of the decedent, and I have attached a
copy of the death certificate hereto. Note: At any time after forty-five or more days from
the date of a decedent's death, any person who is indebted to or who has possession of any
personal property or an instrument evidencing a debt, obligation, stock, chose in action, or
stock brand belonging to the decedent, shall pay such indebtedness or deliver such personal
property, or so much of either as is claimed, to a person claiming to be a successor of the
decedent or entitled to payment or delivery of the property belonging to the decedent upon
being presented an affidavit made by said person.
6. That the value of the gross probate estate, wherever located, less liens and encumbrances,
does not exceed twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000.00).