JCPenney Position Description - Free Download
4.6, 3230 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
JCPenney Position Description
TITLE: SOURCING SENIOR SPECIALIST - PROCUREMENT DEPARTMENT: Procurement POSITION CODE: 11821
Performs the basic responsibilities common to all Company management positions outlined in the description of “Basic Responsibilities of a Management Associate.”
Develops and executes sourcing strategies on assigned categories of indirect spend in support of Procurement’s strategic initiatives.
I. BASIC FUNCTION:
1. Ensures accurate and timely delivery of cost competitive goods and services, as requested by internal business clients.
2. Manages contracts to ensure that all parties are in compliance with agreement.
3. Assesses and builds annual sourcing initiatives that provide detailed commodity strategies that identify objectives and leveraged
4. Negotiates preferable costs and contract details with effectiveness and due diligence on behalf of the internal client and best interests
of the Company by analyzing price proposals, financial reports and other data.
5. Manages communication, coordination and implementation of regional and national sourcing initiatives and contract negotiations to
suppliers and internal clients.
6. Maintains a high level of knowledge of procurement industry and commodity/services of assigned group; understands industry
standards and practices.
7. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within assigned team and the Procurement department to ensure team based
approach is effective and productive.
8. Performs other management functions as assigned in support of procurement group projects.
(No more than 8)
1. Maintains significant interaction with internal clients throughout transaction requested.
2. Builds and maintains good working relationships with external parties in the procurement industry and supplier base.
(No more than 4)
3. Maintains relationship with Legal, Risk Management, Controllers and Finance to ensure all contractual terms and conditions comply
with standard or other contract changes.
4. Coordinates with management in other departments in dealing with projects of a broad nature.