Legal Confidentiality Agreement Template - Free Download
4.2, 2986 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
THIS AGREEMENT is made on the day of 20
(1) [ ]Limited whose registered office is at [ ](“NAME”); and
(2) LEGAL & GENERAL ASSURANCE SOCIETY LIMITED of One Coleman Street,
London EC2R 5AA to include any operating company which is more than 50%
owned by Legal & General Group PLC ("Legal & General").
(1) [NAME] Limited and Legal & General have agreed to engage in discussions
regarding [details of possible venture] between [name] and Legal & General (“the
(2) [NAME] and Legal & General acknowledge that it may be necessary during these
discussions and/or negotiations to provide each other with Information which is
considered to be proprietary or confidential by the disclosing party for the Purpose.
(3) This Agreement sets out the basis upon which such Information will be disclosed and
treated by both parties.
IT IS AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. For the purpose of this Agreement Information means:
(a) any and all business operational financial or other information or data
whatsoever (including without limitation trade secrets, know-how, client
contact details) in the possession of the disclosing party, its associates,
subsidiaries or group undertakings and their respective directors, employees,
advisors or agents which is either designated confidential or by its very nature
and/or circumstances of disclosure is clearly confidential, and which has been
disclosed to the receiving party by the disclosing party or by any person on
behalf of the disclosing party whether orally, in writing or in any other form;
(b) any analyses, compilations, studies and other documents prepared by the
receiving party or any member of its group which contain, or otherwise
reflect, or are generated from any such information as is specified in Clause
1(a) above and/or
(c) this Agreement and/or the existence and operation of the Purpose.