Library Record Inventory Form Template Downlaod2 - Free Download
4.2, 3894 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Instructions for Creating an Inventory:
1. Save this inventory to your desktop (or to an appropriate folder on your computer).
2. Open inventory & click on the About the Records tab.
3. Enter the name of the office responsible for creating/maintaining the records in the field marked
“Creator.” Do NOT enter your own name. (e.g. School of Architecture. Dean's Office.)
4. Give a brief description of the content of the records, including span dates (e.g. Administrative
and financial records of the Dept. of Manuscripts and Archives, circa 1791-1993).
5. Enter the name of the departmental contact and their telephone number.
6. Click on the Inventory tab.
7. As file folders are packed into archival boxes, follow these steps:
〈 Description. Enter the title of each folder in its own row of the description column. Whenever
possible, please provide the full name/title in parentheses to any acronyms.
Note: When necessary, include higher-level categories that describe a series of folders, such as the
descriptions found on file cabinet labels, in boldface type and use the increase indent button to indent
those file folders that correspond to that particular category. (see Example Inventory)
〈 Date. Enter the span dates of materials in the folder in the corresponding “Date” column.
Accepted formats include: 1997, 1997-1998, 1997 Dec 13, or circa 1997.
〈 Box. Enter the box number that the file is assigned to in the corresponding “Box” column.
〈 Folder#. Enter the sequential number of the folder. Enter ranges when necessary, e.g. 1-3
8.!!!!! Email the electronic file as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be sent to email@example.com.