Performance Evaluation Form - Free Download
4.4, 3589 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA - OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION FORM
Employee Name Dept.:
Job Title Period covered by this evaluation
From: / / To: / /
Type of evaluation
Supervisor’s Name Supervisor’s Title Supervised this employee since
PURPOSE OF PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The written performance evaluation is the last phase of the ongoing performance management and
assessment process. It is a formal evaluation of performance over a specified period of time based on
expectations identified by the supervisor and shared with the employee. It provides feedback to the employee
and assists in planning for the next performance period. Informal performance evaluation is the on-going
feedback required for effective supervisor/employee relations. The written evaluation should not replace
continuing feedback and communications on job performance.
TIMING OF EVALUATIONS
Career employees who have attained regular status must be evaluated formally at least once a year.
Probationary employees must be evaluated at least once; usually 30 calendar days before the completion of the
STEPS IN THE FORMAL EVALUATION PROCESS
1. Before completing this form and conducting the formal evaluation, the supervisor should complete the following steps:
• Review Personnel Policies for Staff Members 23.
• Review existing performance expectations and objectives and ensure that they are realistic and attainable during this
• Meet with the employee to schedule the evaluation meeting and describe the evaluation process.
• Suggest that the employee review the existing performance expectations and prepare a self-evaluation.
• Prepare a draft of the evaluation.
2. The supervisor and employee meet to discuss both the self-evaluation, the draft, and future performance plans. The
employee’s comments should be encouraged.
3. The supervisor completes the final evaluation form based on discussion with the employee.
Performance evaluations are retained in the employee’s departmental personnel folder.
Record Copy: 5 years after separation. Other Copies: 3-5 years.