Revised 3/7/2012 http://hrweb.mit.edu/performance/ Page 1
Descriptive Performance Review Form
1. Attach a current position description; if applicable, make note of any significant changes since last year’s performance review.
2. If performance goals were set at the last performance review, attach a copy of these goals and comment on the employee’s
Performance Competencies (Depending on position, some competencies may be more relevant than others.)
Performance is consistently superior and significantly exceeds position requirements.
Performance frequently exceeds position requirements.
Performance consistently meets position requirements.
Performance meets some, but not all position requirements.
Performance consistently fails to meet minimum position requirements; employee lacks
skills required or fails to utilize necessary skills.
Employee has not been in position long enough to have demonstrated the essential
elements of the position and will be reviewed at a later agreed upon date.
1. Skill and proficiency in carrying out assignments
2. Possesses skills and knowledge to perform the job competently
3. Skill at planning, organizing and prioritizing workload (For self and direct reports, if
4. Holds self accountable for assigned responsibilities; sees tasks through to
completion in a timely manner
5. Proficiency at improving work methods and procedures as a means toward greater
6. Communicates effectively with supervisor, peers, and customers
7. Ability to work independently