Sample Basic Confidentiality Agreement Template And Checklist - Free Download
4.6, 4415 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Confidentiality Agreement Template and Checklist
If the University uses third parties to do work, confidential information may be shared with those
third parties on a need-to-know basis. The third parties must protect the information; privacy and
security, as would the University. A confidentiality agreement helps to assure this protection.
Use this template and the confidentiality agreement sample to draft your agreement or clause.
Remember to also address unique/particular needs of your agreement not listed below:
1. Do you need a confidentiality agreement or a clause for an agreement
2. Identify the parties to the confidentiality agreement (including the University).
3. List the specific reasons why a Confidentiality Agreement is needed.
4. Determine what information needs to be shared, and why -- describe the information.
5. Is the sharing/use consistent with the original purpose(s) for collecting the information
6. Only share the information that needs to be shared to get the task done, nothing more.
7. List and follow applicable legal/policy constraints or limits on sharing the information.
8. List and follow applicable legal/policy permissions for sharing the information.
9. Describe how and when the information will be communicated to the third party.
10. Describe all the ways in which the third party will use the information.
11. Describe how the third party will store the information, including security.
12. Sate whether copies (partial or complete) can be made and how they will be stored.
13. State whether personally identifiable information will be derived from the information.
14. Describe how long the information (including part/copies/derived) will be kept.
15. State when and how the information will be returned/destroyed (a time or an event).
16. What happens if the agreement terminates or is breached; unexpectedly/prematurely