Sample High School Student Academic Resume - Free Download
4.2, 4274 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
1515 Stanley Drive #62
Hometown, KS 66202
Outstanding student with experience in print and online journalism seeks opportunity to learn by doing while
working with a communications, public relations, or publishing firm through a part-time job or summer internship.
Completed three years at Hometown High School.
Graduation date: May 2013.
G.P.A. 3.85. Top 5% of class.
Newspaper Staff Member, Hometown High School
• Aug 2012 - present. Features editor of campus newspaper, responsible for award-winning design.
• Aug 2009 - Aug 2012. Researched information for news articles using library and Web sources. Composed
and edited informational articles, columns, editorials, and advertising copy.
Yearbook Committee Member, Hometown High School
• Aug 2012 - present. Editor-in-chief of yearbook staff. Leader of design and publication teams from initial
layout through finished product.
• Aug 2009 - Aug 2012. Yearbook staff member. Experience taking photographs, designing layout, and
writing captions and sidebars.
RELEVANT HIGH SCHOOL STUDIES
Technical writing; advanced composition; debate; video production; computer classes providing knowledge of word
processing, desktop publishing, and Web software.
HONORS, AWARDS, AND MEMBERSHIPS
• U.S. Media Association Scholarship recipient
Scholarship based on academic achievement, community service, and campus participation and leadership
in high school communications projects and studies.
• 2011 Best High School Newspaper Design winner
Central State Regional Communications Contest, sponsored by the Communications Department, State
• President of high school chapter of Future Communicators of America (FCA), 2011 - present
Member, 2010 - present.
• Treasurer of National Honor Society, 2011 - present