Sublease Agreement Template1 - Free Download
4.4, 2550 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
Page 1 of 2
This Sublease Agreement is made between ________________________, the “Sublessor,”
and ___________________________, the “Sublessee,” together referred to as the “Parties.”
The Parties agree that the Sublessee shall lease from the Sublessor a portion of the
Sublessor’s interest in the apartment located at ________________________________,
California (the “Apartment”) on the following terms:
1. Lease Term. The term of the Lease will be for a period of __________________ ,
commencing on _________________ and ending on __________________ .
2. Rent. Sublessee will pay a total monthly rent of $__________. Rent shall be
payable on the first day of each month directly to the Sublessor.
3. Security Deposit. Sublessee will pay $_________ to Sublessor as a security
deposit. Deductions that are allowed by California law may be made from the
security deposit and the remainder, if any, shall be returned to Sublessee within
21 days of the termination of Sublessee’s tenancy. The security deposit may not
be used as last month’s rent.
4. Termination Notice. Sublessee will provide Sublessor with thirty days written
notice prior to the termination of tenancy stating whether Sublessee wants to
terminate or renew the Sublease. Sublessee’s tenancy will terminate on
______________ , unless Sublessor and Sublessee sign another written agreement
prior to the end of tenancy providing for an additional period of tenancy.
Sublessee is not responsible for finding a replacement upon the termination of
5. Sublessee’s Interest in the Apartment. Sublessee is one of ______ tenants
occupying the Apartment (the “Tenants”). Sublessee will will not share a
bedroom with _____________________________. Sublessee may
may not share all of the common spaces (e.g., living room, dining room,
kitchen, bathroom) equally with the other Tenants.
6. Overnight Guests. The Sublessee does does not need to obtain Sublessor’s
permission prior to the stay of any overnight guest(s).
7. Utility and Telephone Charges. The Sublessee agrees to pay _______% of all
utility charges. The Sublessee will pay _______% of the monthly telephone
service charges and Sublessee will pay all of those telephone charges for which
s/he is directly and individually responsible.
8. Household Chores. The Tenants will divide all household chores as follows: