The 30 Second Elevator Speech - Free Download
4.1, 3945 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
The 30 Second Elevator Speech
An elevator speech is a clear, brief message or “commercial” about you. It communicates who you are,
what you’re looking for and how you can benefit a company or organization. It’s typically about 30
seconds, the time it takes people to ride from the top to the bottom of a building in an elevator. (The
idea behind having an elevator speech is that you are prepared to share this information with anyone, at
anytime, even in an elevator.) At a career fair, you can use your speech to introduce yourself to
employers. It is important to have your speech memorized and practiced. Rehearse your 30 second
elevator speech with a friend or in front of a mirror. The important thing is to practice it OUT LOUD. You
want it to sound natural. Get comfortable with what you have to say so you can breeze through it when
the time comes.
This elevator speech is:
•absolutely not longer than 25 to 30 seconds
•or - in words - approximately 80 to 90 words
•or - in sentences - 8 tot 10 sentences
A SAMPLE ELEVATOR SPEECH OUTLINE
These 10 speech topics will help to write a carefully planned and prepared presentation that grabs
attention and says a lot in a few words. This format suggestion helps you to avoid creating a sales pitch.
Use each idea to write one short powerful sentence.
1. Smile to your counterpart, and open with a statement or question that grabs attention: a hook that
prompt your listener to ask questions.
2. Tell who you are: describe you and your company.
3. Tell what you do and show enthusiasm.
WHAT DO YOU OFFER
4. Tell what problems have solved or contributions you have made.
5. Offer a vivid example.
6. Tell why you are interested in your listener.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
7. Tell what very special service, product or solutions you can offer him or her.
8. What are the advantages of working with you In what do you differ from competative companies