Welcome Message Template - Free Download
4.2, 4026 votes
Please vote for this template if it helps you.
You are registered for [insert course prefix and number] which is delivered via the Internet using Canvas.
If this is the first online course you have ever taken using Canvas, then I strongly urge you to do at least one of
1. Attend one of the on-campus “Student Canvas Orientation” sessions held during the first week of each
2. Review the information provided in the online “Student Canvas Orientation” site at
3. Complete the Self-Assessment Questionnaire and visit the Online Learning Tour webpages at
Access to Your Course Site
To access or log in to your online course site in Canvas:
1. Log in to MyPortal (https://myportal.fhda.edu)
2. Click on the Student tab
3. Look for “My Online Courses”
4. Click on “Log into Canvas”
If you are not able to log in to MyPortal, go directly to the Foothill College Canvas login webpage at
http://foothillcollege.instructure.com and then type in your Student ID and Password.
• If you have problems accessing or logging into the course, go to the Student Help Desk at
https://foothillcollege.freshdesk.com or call the Foothill Online Learning office at (650) 949-7446.
• Guides about how to use Canvas are available at https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-4121
To avoid being dropped for non-attendance, you need to [insert your instructions].
Enjoy your quarter,
[insert Instructor’s Name and email address]